How did your draft go?

splff3000

How did your draft go?

Post by splff3000 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 am

I'm making this thread so people can gush/cry over their draft. Did you get the guys you wanted? Where they even good after you got to see ALL of their ratings? Are you excited at the prospect of seeing what they can do? Pretty much anything you wanna talk about pertaining to your new rookies, post it here.

Giantmanaconda

Re: How did your draft go?

Post by Giantmanaconda on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:49 am

Vikings Recap:

#1 Round, 1st Pick QB Austin Duncan 79 Overall - Exactly what the Vikings expected. Power 88, Short-Mid-Deep 82-83-88, On the Run - 85, Play Action 80, Tight Spiral - Yes, Clutch - Yes, Confidence - Good, Consistency - Poor... well, no one is perfect out the gate, right?
    Grade - A

2nd Round, 1st pick RG Chris Lockhart 83 Overall - 300+lb guard with a Run-Pass-Impact of 83-80-85 and a Strength of 93. Awareness Stamina and Toughness all in the high 80's with a Good in Confidence. Very Poor consistency will hurt as thats 20K just to get it up to Good
    Grade - B+

3rd Round, 24th pick LOLB LaCraig Middlebrook 75 Overall - A good sized pass rushing OLB I traded up to get. No's across the board and Very Poor Consistency will hurt at first, but Good Confidence, Speed 74, Tackle-Hit Power 83-85 and Awareness-Block Shedding-Play Recon 83-84-80 should help him grow
    Grade - B

4th Round, 1st pick CB Adonis Mack Overall 68 - Mack joins a crowded secondary and is currently 6th on the depth chart. Man-Zone of 80-74 aren't terrible but aren't great either. 93-92 Speed-Acceleration should help in man coverage but 57-45 in Pursuit-Tackle makes him little more the special teams man at this point. A reach not worth making
    Grade - D

5th Round, 1st Pick HB Vincent Mattinson OVR 66 - Prior to the signing of Bernard Scott, Mattinson was expected to complete with Danny Woodhead for the 3 HB spot. Things may have changed but Mattinson shows promise. Speed-Acceleration-Elusivness 90-86-89 Carry-Truck-Stiff-Spin-Juke 90-86-95-93-82 are all great numbers. Catching the ball in the open may be a problem, Catch 46. Will he eventually replace AP? Probably no... Will he contribute? Probably
    Grade - B-

5th Round, 21st Pick WR LeVeon Ward OVR 70 - Scouted early by owner Giantmanacond, Ward was targeted here in the 5th round for 3 stats alone. Height 6'2" Jump 92 Catch 79. Ward will have to work on Route Running and Catch In Traffic 71-65, but the ability to go up and get the ball could take him far.
    Grade - B-

6th Round, 7th Pick OLB Daniel Butts OVR 62 - Speed-Block Shed-Pursuit 80-81-87 are why Butts was taken. The possibility of moving Butts to the line is great, Man-Zone 25-45. Elite? No. Serviceable? Yes
    Grade - C-

Overall - Hard to argue with a Franchise QB in Austin, a starting guard in Lockhart, and a NFL ready pass-rusher in Middlebrook. Mack in the 4th was a reach that most likely won't pan out and while Mattinson was needed at the time the Vikings will have to work to try to find him any playing time. The Vikings receiving core outside of TE Keller is mediocre so there is a chance Ward can make a contribution in 2014. However, Butts chances of seeing the field outside of a blowout are slim.

Overall Draft Grade - B+
    dominoslarry

Post by dominoslarry on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:43 am

think the steelers did well for this draft
    1st round drafted a starting LG to replace DeCastro
    2nd round added depth with another starting caliber WR in williams
    3rd round added to the secondary with SS Peters 96 spd 86 hit power
    4th round picked up a returner/3rd string hb
    5th round another returner/burner Wr
    6th and 7th was just needed depth at backup QB and starting FB
    Shooter

Post by Shooter on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am

1st Round, Pick 3 - HB D'Cota Bell - 84 Overall
    1st Round, Pick 6 - CB Rodney Maye - 73 Overall
    2nd Round, Pick 36 - WR Akia Green - 74 Overall

Don't really remember the rest of my draft but I'm extremely happy with those 3 picks lol. 10 out of 10
    TJ

Post by TJ on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 am

Jets Recap:

In-Draft Trades:

2014 3rd to move up to #128, #211 and 2014 7th to move up to #205.

Picks:

#128 - WR Khiry Donaldson

A raw talent out of Eastern Carolina. A pure burner with good hands, Donaldson should move into the starting WR rotation day 1. Needed depth at WR after FA, may have found a starter late in draft.

B, may have gotten a starter well into the draft

#179 - DT Quinton Brown

An undersized NT who has quick feet and can deliver a sound tackle with some pop. Another raw talent who given time can earn some reps down the road.

C+, could develop into someone thing decent down the line

#192 - TE Harlon Pope

Pure project player, Pope has a decent skill set but doesn't excel at any one area. Buried on the depth chart, will only get to see playing time on heavy sets.

C-, has good size, lacks any real strengths

#211 - Camp Fodder, cut

F

#224 - Mr Irrelevant, CB Sani Nakamori

Very Irrelevant, lacks size, speed, and has poor coverage abilities. First cut post draft.

F---, what a shithead
    Sinister

Post by Sinister on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 am

Overall draft I give an A

Eagles was able to draft

1st WR Jamal Bonner

2nd QB Danny Martens

3rd RE Uche Jackson

4th FS Rayshon Hill

5th FB Vohesse Brackett

Remaining picks Jeron Smith, Greg Gayle

Great scouting for first five picks Eagles got the guys they wanted. Looking to start 2013 season in good shape with additions at RG should help bolters Eagles offense. New addition at CB gives Eagles depth and skill at the nickel positions.
    drew-73-stl

RAVENS DRAFT

Post by drew-73-stl on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:20 pm

I was not prepared at all for this (my 1st ever draft) draft. I did not do enough scouting and my 1st pick was taken ahead of me.

My immediate need was WR/TE and i feel i got one of each that will be with the RAVENS for a long time.
    WR Sean Udoh-71-4th overall pick
    TE Allen Hotchkiss-69-3rd round pick
    DT Jerald Grant-72-4th round pick

I picked up mostly defense in the later rounds to try and improve my depth witrh youth

OVERALL i probably grade myself at a C-
    TJ

Post by TJ on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:37 am

tmjohns18 wrote:Jets Recap:

In-Draft Trades:

2014 3rd to move up to #128, #211 and 2014 7th to move up to #205.

Picks:

#128 - WR Khiry Donaldson

A raw talent out of Eastern Carolina. A pure burner with good hands, Donaldson should move into the starting WR rotation day 1. Needed depth at WR after FA, may have found a starter late in draft.

B, may have gotten a starter well into the draft

#179 - DT Quinton Brown

An undersized NT who has quick feet and can deliver a sound tackle with some pop. Another raw talent who given time can earn some reps down the road.

C+, could develop into someone thing decent down the line

#192 - TE Harlon Pope

Pure project player, Pope has a decent skill set but doesn't excel at any one area. Buried on the depth chart, will only get to see playing time on heavy sets.

C-, has good size, lacks any real strengths

#211 - Camp Fodder, cut

F

#224 - Mr Irrelevant, CB Sani Nakamori

Very Irrelevant, lacks size, speed, and has poor coverage abilities. First cut post draft.

F---, what a shithead

Looking back after finishing preseason, of the 5 guys drafted only 1 remains on the roster (Donaldson). In the end, four of the guys were way too raw to take up a roster spot, as they all would need the entire 4 years of their rookie contracts to develop into a someone decent backup. Add in that they all were for positions that already had players with long term deals, they became very expendable. But, given that those 4 where selected in the last round and a half of the draft, not much surprise there given that they are all lucky picks at that point.

I'll end up giving this draft a C+ simply because of getting Khiry Donaldson at the very end of the 4th. Sure it ends up costing me a future 3rd, but he has enough ability to contribute right away and eventually when Holmes leaves he'll be able to step right in and take his spot.
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Dolphins Draft

RT - Marcus Robinson: It was an easy pick to take Robinson, but he's even better than I envisioned. With superstar development and coming in at an 81, the RT position is locked up for the Dolphins for a long time to come.

TE - Luke Vinal: The steal of the draft in my opinion. He's a slow developer, but he's already where we need him to be. He's an excellent pass-catching tight end with the ability to stretch the field vertically. He's going to need to improve in the blocking game, but that's not where the Dolphins need him to be good.

CB - Sinua Watts & Jimmy Patterson: The Dolphins had the advantage of adding depth here instead of potential starters after an offseason that saw Miami add Antoine Cason and Captain Munnerlyn. These guys already have solid skills at certain spots and will be used in spot duty.

Other offseason signings: Cason and Munnerlyn got the biggest early headlines shoring up the Dolphins secondary after the departure of Sean Smith, but the biggest news came just before week one when the Dolphins acquired Jordy Nelson from the Packers for Brian Hartline and a second round pick in next year's draft.
    The move has already paid off in week one with Nelson clearing up the field for Ryan Tannehill to pick apart the Washington defense.

Offseason Grade: A+
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 pm

I wanted to wait til after the Preseason to grade my draft. Preseason is over and I'm ready to speak on it.

1st - Willie Burns ROLB (B)

I like Willie Burns. In fact, I like him alot. I'm a little bummed that he only has normal development tho. I guess it could be worse as he could have slow development, but I was hoping he'd have quick or superstar. I'm not to worried about his coverage skills or lack there of, because my sole purpose for drafting him was to rush the passer. Last season, I got hardly any rush with just a 4 man rush. He causes trouble on ever play tho. I was a lil disappointed with his block shed as well, but we can get that up to where it needs to be. Overall I'm happy with how he performs on the field. I was just hoping for a higher development rating.

1st - Lorenzo Hopkins CB (B+)

I like Lorenzo. In man coverage he is crazy good lol. In preseason, most of the time I called man plays I couldn't even see the receiver because he was all over them. His zone coverage needs work, but he's getting better with it. He still doesn't have his first int, but he does have super tight coverage. The int's will come soon enough.

3rd - Levone Ryans (C)

This draft was so crazy and a lot of guys got snatched up waaaay earlier than I expected them to. I had to reach for this 5th round guy because he was the last guard on my board and I NEEDED a guard. Turns out, his overall is just what you'd expect .......... from a 7th rounder or undrafted player. His 54 overall ain't pretty to look at, but his actual attributes are pretty good. I'm assuming the 10 awr (lol) is killing the ovr. He hasn't played like a 54 ovr player tho and actually he even earned a starting spot on the line based on how well he's playing.

3rd - Gerard Mathews HB (D)

This was the first player that I drafted that looked better on paper than he actually does in the game. It says he's a speed back, but he feels more like a power back. I'm gonna give him some trucking and strength and see how he is then. Right now tho, it's looking like he's not gona be back in the silver and black next year.

4th - Di - Jon Cooksey DT (B)

At this point in the draft, all of the people that I really wanted were gone so I started just drafting for value. I really didn't need another DT, but I noticed that Cooksey could probably be a good DE as well. I was quite surprised when I drafted him and saw that he had quick development. Right now, he is playing back up DE for me and in preseason made quite a few plays. I definitely remember seeing his name pop up a few times. He'll probably never get on the field as a starter on my team without any injuries so right now, I'm pretty much grooming him to trade in the offseason. He should be starting somewhere in this league, but until then, I'll gladly accept his efforts as backup to Lamarr Houston.

4th - Roderick Buice CB (C)

Roderick is a typical Raiders pick. All size and speed and no real skills lol. At this point in the draft, I was just drafting CB's because I had got rid of my entire CB core in the offseason lol. Buice had some ok skills, but I basically drafted him because of his speed, accel, etc

5th - Billy Jessie CB (D)

See Roderick Buice

7th - Doran Byrd FS (C)

Had no idea about this guy whatsoever. It was the 7th round and there was no one left from my board and I needed a backup for FS and one for SS and just drafted this guy...basically because of the last name Byrd and in my warped mind related it to Jairus Byrd lol. Turns out tho, that he was ok and was good enough to stay on the team as a backup.

Overall I give my draft a C. I had high hopes on getting a bunch of good players but almost everyone of worth was gone by the time I made my 3rd pick. I wasn't expecting players to go so early out of position and it cost me.

russellmorris52

Post by russellmorris52 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm

soo i made an early mistake in my draft but rebounded to have a solid draft overall.

1st Round - 76 OVR QB Justin Paskorz(B) - A decent quarterback , we werent expecting to still have this pick we were hoping to trade back but the deal fell through, he has a big arm (92 THP) and is a good athlete with high awareness (85) his accuracy can easily be improved , but the problem is he doesnt give the niners anything they couldnt get out of colin kaepernick, they mey look to trade paskorz in the future

NFL Comparison: Jay Cutler

2nd Round - 80 OVR SS Mike Gates (A) - Gates was a steal in the 2nd round , though he lacks speed and range he makes up for it with his instincts and awareness , he needs to improve his tackling but will likely be a difference maker day 1 on one of the leagues best defenses.

NFL Comparison: Rodney Harrison

2nd Round - 71 OVR MLB Terry Howard (B-) - Howard is an exlposive athlete(80 SPD)with impressive range and play recognition , the only question mark is his tackling , in preseason he showed flashes with 2 pick 6's and a forced fumble , it'll be interesting to see how he develops , but for now he should be a plamaker on special teams.

NFL Comparison: London Fletcher

3rd Round - 81 OVR LT Antonio Baker (B+)- Antonio has good size and above average athleticism , he has very high awareness (86) and can pass block as good as anybody in the draft , but hes a liability in the run game and needs to improve in that area.

NFL Comparason: Eugene Moore

3rd Round - 75 OVR WR Marcus Rigsy (A) - Marcus has all the tools to be a solid #2 option in the NFL, he has good size at 6'2 can run well and stretch the field , hands are a little inconsistent but overall he's shown he can compete on the nfl level consistently making guys miss after the catch.

NFL Comparison: Hakeem Nicks
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:50 pm

1st round - TE Eric Derise (80 OVR)
    The TE trend continues in NE. Shiancoe and Dreessen didn't give me what I wanted last year. Derise has 88 route running, 80 catching, and 85 catch in traffic. At 6'4 255, he isn't a great blocker, but hopefully he progresses there. As of right now, will be the 3rd TE who will see around 5-10 snaps a game and will be able to fill in for injury and keep the 2TE/2WR offense in tact.

2nd round - WR Reginald Thomas (76 OVR)
    At 5'11, 190, Thomas is actually a bit bigger than Welker, the guy he MAY eventually replace. While he has 89 route running, his catch in traffic is only 80 and catching 79. He'll need some serious practice time to get to where Welker is. Wasn't happy with what Edelman gave me last year, so Thomas is basically a replacement for him. He may get passed over in favour of Derise/Vereen/Demps when I spread the field. He's basically there to develop and fill in for injury.

3rd round - OLB Tommy Weissling (73 OVR)
    Weissling is a project. He was projected to be drafted near the end of the 1st round, but was still available at the end of the 3rd round. Wasn't on my draft board, but needed some depth at LB so took a flyer on him. I've never seen a man coverage rating so low (25), so that's a lost cause. He probably has no future as an everydown backer, but rather an early down run stopper (79 tackle). His future as a Patriot is up in the air.

I didn't have 4th or 5th round picks. The CPU drafted me a backup C in the 6th round that will hopefully never have to play. Also drafted me a backup G in the 7th who basically sucks but I still have him there as a second backup. Just wasting a roster spot, so might make a change there.

Overall, I'd give my draft a B. I really wanted Derise and I got him, so that was a success. I also wanted Thomas. I probably could have scouted a bit better to find some other players in the later rounds. In the end, I didn't need anyone to step in and play right away since I have every starter back from last year, so I drafted some projects/depth to fill in for injury. I still haven't found a real backup for Lloyd if he gets hurt, which hurt me big time in the AFC Champ game last year, but with Derise I think I could move Hernandez to Lloyd's spot and Derise to Hernandez's spot if it happens again. We'll see.
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am

1st Round- DT Keith Malone (77 OVR)
    This guy was a good long term pick because of his superstar progression and he is pretty athletic for a DT. His is kind of raw right now but i feel by the end of the season he can make a big impact on my team

2nd Round- WR Brenton Richardson (65 OVR)
    With his 6'4 frame and 80 catch in traffic he makes a solid target over the middle and against short CB's but he is not that athletic and need to develop alot in route running overall he could be a good role player but as for your every down WR he got a ways to go

2nd Round - RB Meiko Rothschild (69 OVR)
    With D Williams steady regressing this guy can step in and fill his shoes. He is quick with his 94 speed and has 80 strength which is rare in speed backs. His AWR and agility is where he needs work but if he can improve there he will surely be a every down back. He also showed his protental in the preseason rushing for over 130 in almost every game.

Later Rounds- I picked up a decent back up MLB who is a hard hitter and a RE who doesnt fit my scheme at all but will keep his roster spot for atleast this season.

Overall my draft would have to be a C+ i didnt really get alot of top talent but i did pick up guys who could be great one day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 pm