Scouting Reports on JBrax1122

dipsh

Scouting Reports on JBrax1122

Post by dipsh on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Put scouting reports on your opponents in here. No back and forth just scouting reports.
    dipsh

Re: Scouting Reports on JBrax1122

Post by dipsh on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 pm

jBrax-Northwestern

Offense- Mixed formations well, going from tight formations to shotgun spreads often. Felt unstoppable when running Marks to the outside on stretch plays. His O-line was dominate, I could not shed his blockers to save my life.

Defense- His secondary was all over the place! He mixed the blitz in well and disguised his coverage. Covered the long ball extremely well. Chipped away at his D-line with my running game a little late, but by that time he had the game in hand and was probably expecting me to continue hopelessly throwing down field.

Written by citylimit
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 am

Offense- Many different formations, but mostly shotgun. I figured he would run the option more. His runs were varied. He never went deep on me. He ran mostly slants and drag routes and I tried to take away all that. I should have had an extra INT or two. Like I said he never tried to go deep, but he's smart enough to where if he sees you safeties up, he'll probably take a chance. His offense is just so methodical. I had a spy on his QB so he didnt try to scramble all that much. He ran 5 wide A LOT.

Defense- He knows how to stop the option, it's just his players fucked it up for him every time and my blocking was just too good. Ran mostly zone defense. He controlled his LB if he thought I was running or his safety if he thought I was passing. I always suck when scouting someone else's defense so that's pretty much it.

Brax, that TD I had with the jump ball was so bullshit. I looked away because I saw that you tipped it and I saw the icon on the field, so I thought it was incomplete. I know for a fact we'll see each other next year in the same game
    citylimit10

Post by citylimit10 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm

OFFENSE- Brax focuses on the running game. When he passes its to open up running lanes and to keep you honest. Sometimes he'd break a big play with his passing game and immediately go no huddle and run the ball. Would try to fool me by spreading the field with 4 WR and run a stretch to the outside. He'd react to my defensive alignment and try to counter by either flipping the play or running an audible. By shifting my defense just before snap I could occasionally throw off his rhythm.

DEFENSE- He mixed his defenses around a lot just like last time I played him. He uses a lot of shifting to attack the O-line and force penetration. He's good at reading when and where on running plays and will send a backer to plug the gap. Where I was able to hurt him was with the hurry up passing game. If I caught him trying to stop run and made a big gain on the pass, I'd push the tempo. That's where I was able to rally.

His DB's let me off the hook a few times with dropped picks or this would have been a much worse loss.

Killwill008

Post by Killwill008 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 am

Offense- he ran from shotgun most of the game.his passing game was, He threw some early picks so he couldn't get into a rhythm. He couldn't run the ball either but after getting down he couldn't keep trying to establish a run game.

Defense- he ran man to man most of the game which was effective at the beginning but once I established a run game a opened up some slants and out routes. Turnovers played a key in my victory he just threw too many picks to overcome
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 am

Offense - Pass game was on point vs me. Curl to TE, corner fade, playaction where TE and WR all drag away from run fake side. His run game was primarily between the tackles and wasn't working consistently for him. Key here is to get him to 2nd or 3rd and long and hope your DB's make a play. He will chew you up with 3 or 4 perfectly timed passes but if you keep mixing up defenses he will eventually make a bad decision and throw you a pick.

Defense - He was over playing the read option cuz of my reputation I guess so it seemed like anything I tried worked. He does use run commit on occasion but not in quarters D. It was definately mostly in goaline situations. Tried to ball hawk and messed his DB's up a few times. As far as formations I didn't notice (usually I pay attention?) He did press DB's a lot and did quite a bit of presnap moves with guys. He had a hard time stopping my ground game.

Overall - Excellent, Sim user. Fun to play. No cheese. If he can eliminate turnovers he can beat anyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm