Scouting Reports on IuCookie

dipsh

Scouting Reports on IuCookie

Post by dipsh on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Put scouting reports on your opponents in here. No back and forth just scouting reports.
    dipsh

Re: Scouting Reports on IuCookie

Post by dipsh on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Cookie-Indiana

Offense- Mainly shotgun spread, read option. His QB ran for days on me with this. Runs a shotgun tight formation with the outside receivers running flags. If your in man to try and stop it, your corners are no where even close to the same zip code. Will go under center from time to time, and runs a counter to the left that gets a few guys pullin to block that is tough to stop.

Defense- This is where users are light years ahead of me. Really good at switchin guys to make plays on the ball in the passing game. He had two user picks. One i threw right to him over the middle trying to quick throw to my TE down the seam, which was horrible by me. The other one was just ridiculous, and i mean that in a good way. I called a deep comeback down the right sideline, thought it was money, but nope. Cookie has time to register all the madness, switch to the corner, positions the player, and hold the triangle button all at the same fucking time for a user pick. All the while dealing with the ever so slight lag that comes with these football games. That's the shit i cannot do. lol
    Also, he flys around with his safety to help with the run game and once he has them in a good position he'll switch guys so he doesn't fuck up the tackle. Which is also pretty instinctive on his part. But by doing that he will sometime take him away from his pass coverage duties and you can hit some long gainers down the field.

Written by Chugg

SOUTH02

Post by SOUTH02 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Offense- The whole game , Cookies offense was a Shotgun spread. He did a lot read option plays. He ran with the QB and RB the whole time in that game. I couldn't really stop the run in that game so it kept working for him. In that game I didn't really see any passing that game. There was probably 7 passes in that game.

Defense- He is really good with switching his guys. He use his middle linebacker mostly the whole time and it work He stop my slants, curls, and my screen routes. His blitzes were really good, but my OLine is really terrible so I couldn't do anything. My QB had to scramble the whole time because he was under pressure. Make sure your guys can carry he ball because his players can really hit. Also,meh was really food with his corners and safety because he can deflects, cover and also try to pick the ball up in the air

Killwill008

Post by Killwill008 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Offense- he plays a tight shotgun formation most of the game. I played zone for most of the game to try and stop his passing attack but that didn't work, he took advantage of me controlling my safety passing up the middle for big gains and a touchdown. His RB did most of the damage. He tried to run option plays early but stopped that but after hitting some passes for big gains, when I focused on the pass he got some goon runs off.

Defense- I don't really remember what he was playing but all I know is I couldn't get in a rhythm with my offense and I had to abandon the run early cause I was down and tried to make a comeback, he played with his LB for most of the game. He is good at switching his defenders. I threw 2 picks both were user and that is why he won the game. I tried to make a comeback late but It was too late

Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:58 am

O- lots of shotgun.... Zone read, and runs to the outside usually... Does some bunch sets and most of the time had a guy run a 5 yard route to the outside... He did go deep on my once and his guy just won a straight one on one jump ball but that was just a 50/50 thing.... Overall he is a good user and someone I enjoyed playing a lot...

D- user skills are good and makes a bunch of plays himself or at least gets his guy in position so CPU can make it... I did not see many blitz a lot of man with two over the top and he used the middle LB or Safety if I went under center... I did not have much of a problem Vs his D just had to force him to make play by throwing at his user controlled guy... I would classify it as a bend but don't break, he kinda waits for you to make a mistake and try's to take advantage

See you next season Cookie!

BTW that TD you caught that I swatted was Bull Shit.... But maybe that was pay back cuz you did drop a couple picks hahaha
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:15 am

Offense - Uses spread. Vs me he ran HB a lot. His HB broke a ton of tackles. Passing was primarily 2 routes. 4 wide tight, runs the two flags two seams play that is unstoppable, Trips bunch, flat to TE or if you jump that throws in curl to slot WR. He didn't have to pass much cuz has average lineman were straight pan caking mother fuckers all game. He is smart enough to know that with this years terrible D you just need to wait for the other guy to make mistakes and I was happy to oblige.

Defense - as far as play calling he seemed to be in quarters way too much but with his user skills it didn't matter. He runs guys to the perfect spot then switches so he doesn't miss the tackle. If you throw a 50/50 ball it is a guaranteed pick. His user pick is fucking legendary. He warps to shit that normally gets completed. It's all about the user stuff with Cookie. If you could figure out a strategy to confuse him you might could come close.

He could have beat me 60-21. He chewed clock and ran the ball late to show sportsmanship. He is honestly the best user I've ever played and fuck no I don't want a rematch. Good luck big 10 bitches!

Navyhog

Post by Navyhog on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Have a hard time to remembering this but here it goes:

Offense - Ran a lot of 2 TE Ace. His starting QB was hurt so he platooned a running and a passing QB. Favorite shotgun passing QB was SG Tight. Does a good job of mixing up his plays without tipping his hand

Defense - Used the MLB or safety looking to shut down the middle of the field. Ran a lot of 3 man fronts which can be gouged with the run until he breaks out "run commit". Anything 2nd or 3rd and short he was run committing 80% of the time. If you know what you are doing you can hurt this tactic, but it is a mind-fuck when 8 DBs run up to the LOS at warp speed and then all of a sudden sprint back into pass coverage. Good user skills that shouldn't have to rely on lobby ball tactics.

Special Teams - very good in the open field. Took a KR to the house and almost did another.

All in all a skilled player with a good offensive scheme.
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:17 am

Offense - Mostly beat me with the pass. Lots of SG. Same as every other user in that a good mix of pass patterns and good timing is nearly unstoppable on this years game.

Defense - I have to eat some crow and say the run commit thing he does is pretty cheesy. I'd never noticed it till this game and running vs the quarters D was useless. I will say it cost him more than helped because any time i guessed right that he'd do it my players were wide open for short passes. The fact that the defenders don't just move in that direction, they straight sprint past blockers and blow shit up with a 3 man line and 7 DB's on the field isn't very sim. That was his primary D. 95% of the time he is quarters and 75% of that he run commits.

With all that being said I like playing Cookie. He is humble about his game and he takes his losses like a man. He is much better than me at this game I'm just glad the NCAA gods were smiling on me this time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:35 pm