Scouting Reports on GameEpic(Illinois)

dipsh

Scouting Reports on GameEpic(Illinois)

Post by dipsh on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Put scouting reports on your opponents in here. No back and forth just scouting reports.

ihubbard

Re: Scouting Reports on GameEpic(Illinois)

Post by ihubbard on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Ran the ball well. Couldn't continue to rely on this due falling behind early. Threw a lot of picks in this game, clearly still adjusting to his team.

Defense-
    Stacked the box. One safety over the top. Vulnerable to getting beat deep. Did a decent job vs the run.

dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 am

Offense - Run first offense. Majority of his runs were with his backs. In fact I don't remember a single called QB run and I think he only scrambled once or twice. He likes to hand it off and start inside and then take advantage of the terrible angles the AI takes by bouncing it outside. He broke a lot of tackles in our game but I'm starting to think my guys are just not good tacklers. His favorite pass play vs me was the HB angle over the middle but that may have just been cuz I kept fucking up coverage with my MLB. He is a decent passer but he will throw picks. Man and cover 4 zones gave him the most trouble. Any cover two zones were worthless. He likes routes that take time to develope so if you can get quick pressure he with throw into coverage. Goaline play was always FB dive. ALWAYS!

Defense - He started early loading the box big time to stop my read option and it worked. He forced me to pass but as soon as he knew it was a pass he had some almost nano blitz type deal where his RE would fly in untouched every play. He seemed reluctant to stop calling the same D so I started throwing screens to slow down the pressure. It worked well. I completed some huge screen plays. After he had to start watching for the screen the heat slowed down and opened up some other stuff. As far as formations I think his run stopping nano formation may have been 425 but I'm not sure. He'd shift the D line all one direction and manually move a safety up every single time. After the screen got him out of it I saw lots of different stuff. Little or no zone though. Just like most users it was all man press all game.

Overall - To be honest after seeing Hubs 55-7 beat down I thought i would handle Epic. I was wrong he is a good player. For the most part he made good decisions and plays as good of defense as this game will let you play. He went for some questionable 4th downs which I thought was a bit cheesey but I didn't make him pay so....

Killwill008

Post by Killwill008 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Offense- he uses a shotgun offense. A lot of out route and comeback routes and slants up the middle. His passing game was on so he was catching everything. He runs the ball out of the shotgun. His passing game was very effective.

Defense- he is good at stopping the run.ran man defense most of the game. He was up so I abandoned the run game and threw the ball a lot and threw three picks.

IUcookie

Post by IUcookie on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Offense- ran no huddle nonstop. He ran the ball a little but he never tried to establish it. Did a lot of different route combinations so it wasn't anything specific the whole time. I had the lead the whole time so that's probably why he passed it on me a bunch. Went for about three unnecessary 4th downs but I'm used to it.

Defense- Cant remember to be honest. If you think it's a perfect time to throw a deep ball on him, then you are probably right. Whenever I ran the option i had success for the most part.

Overall Epic is a good player. Could get a little cheesy with his 4th downs but an no huddling nonstop but he's good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:34 am