Rivals 2011 Dynasty

getonmylevelho
    Admin

Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by getonmylevelho on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Bader is terrible. He has gotten rocked his last two fights. Tito seems to be a different competitor while coaching on the ultimate fighter and thereafter. There was no question who my money was on.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Stop you wanna get one final game in? We got that Texas Florida game hanging out there

da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Tito has won his last two fights over good opponent and he's terrible? Wait and see but he will have a title shot at Jon jones soon.

a title shot vs Bones?? He was on a 3 fight losing streak over Forrest & Hamill and Lyoto. He was on the brick of getting cut if he lost this fight. His last win was over Ken Shamrock in 2006.

Last edited by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 pm

getonmylevelho wrote:Bader is terrible. He has gotten rocked his last two fights. Tito seems to be a different competitor while coaching on the ultimate fighter and thereafter. There was no question who my money was on.

Tito was + 450.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Tito beat Forrest my friend. Check your facts.

da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Tito beat Forrest my friend. Check your facts.

Forrest beat Tito by split decision

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/ufc-106-results-ortiz-vs-griffin-live-stream-justin-tv-.html
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah I think Bader might be overrated. Knocking out Jardine seemed to put him "on the map" but Jardine isn't even in the UFC now. I think Bader is a good fighter but hes not really good and shouldn't be considered top10 in LHW. Not yet at least.

One thing I give Tito credit for is he always fights tough guys. Some of the losses in that 4 year span were tough ones. If I remember correctly, and I may be wrong, he lost a 2 decisions that were pretty close fights.

I don't Tito would last 2 rounds with Bones right now to be honest but maybe....you never know. I havent seen him get knocked out since or before Chuck so maybe he woulds surprise some people

Gotta say I am a Faber fan, but I wasn't surprised to see Cruz win. He seems like he is just on a different level in that weight class man, dude is tough to beat, so big for 135.

Gotta love Leben flooring Silva, I was talking to zehp and some friends about that fight last week and I remember saying "never sleep on a guy like chris leben," dude just loves to fight.

I thought Wiman got robbed. But I dunno, maybe im wrong

da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Jardine knock out put Bader on the map, but Bader really hasn't beaten anyone.

I am hoping Paul Davis beats Evans...
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 pm

I stand corrected. Maybe I remember Tito winning that fight and getting robbed on the scorecards. I just clearly remember Tito owning that fight.
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 pm

THe custom PB vid is pretty nice. It is a pretty fleshed out feature and probably the first thing I am going to do when popping the game in next tuesday
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:30 pm

What are some of the changes you have coming for 12?

da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Jaredlib wrote:THe custom PB vid is pretty nice. It is a pretty fleshed out feature and probably the first thing I am going to do when popping the game in next tuesday

Gives you lots of options, to many of the PB's were just boring. It will be the 2nd thing I do after I play a few games.
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 pm

I know its going to be a headache, but sometime soon we need to have a round table discussion about recruiting. I would be more than happy to vote to drop the 5* limit we incorporated the last couple years if we lower the recruiting to AA. I am sorry but look at the last couple of years (before this season, obviously), I mean, Yunj only was able to land 5 or 6 guys. Thats awful. In my last 3 seasons of real recruiting I, with a 6 star team, only got 1 five star commit.

If the big 3 are gonna land the best prospects, thats fine, but I need to be able to get the second level guys instead of getting bullied by Temple and NIU. Heisman recruiting, much like heisman difficulty in gameplay, seems to automatically stack the box in the CPUs favor.

If we still can't all agree on this, then I say we keep the 5 5* limit.

I know this something I wrote 1,000 posts about months ago but I am not gonna give up until we decide officially either way. One of the arguments against AA was "I have another dynasty that uses AA and we get everyone we want." Uh I was involved in an AA recruiting OD, full 12 guys, for 8 seasons on OS and as six-star Notre Dame I only had the top class once. I never had more than 20 commits it wasnt like I was just reeling em in like nothing.

I just think we gotta do something different to avoid having the same 3 teams at the top every year, thats all.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:40 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:I stand corrected. Maybe I remember Tito winning that fight and getting robbed on the scorecards. I just clearly remember Tito owning that fight.

It was a close fight, it was prolly the best Tito looked in years but judges gave the nod to Forrest..
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:47 pm

I remember Urban mentioning some changes like a month or two ago, but I forgot what was being talked about at the time. Lol lots of discussions go down on these boards during the games prime months. I don't know if Spliff has anything he wants to put on the table changes wise this year
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Jaredlib wrote:I know its going to be a headache, but sometime soon we need to have a round table discussion about recruiting. I would be more than happy to vote to drop the 5* limit we incorporated the last couple years if we lower the recruiting to AA. I am sorry but look at the last couple of years (before this season, obviously), I mean, Yunj only was able to land 5 or 6 guys. Thats awful. In my last 3 seasons of real recruiting I, with a 6 star team, only got 1 five star commit.

If the big 3 are gonna land the best prospects, thats fine, but I need to be able to get the second level guys instead of getting bullied by Temple and NIU. Heisman recruiting, much like heisman difficulty in gameplay, seems to automatically stack the box in the CPUs favor.

If we still can't all agree on this, then I say we keep the 5 5* limit.

I know this something I wrote 1,000 posts about months ago but I am not gonna give up until we decide officially either way. One of the arguments against AA was "I have another dynasty that uses AA and we get everyone we want." Uh I was involved in an AA recruiting OD, full 12 guys, for 8 seasons on OS and as six-star Notre Dame I only had the top class once. I never had more than 20 commits it wasnt like I was just reeling em in like nothing.

I just think we gotta do something different to avoid having the same 3 teams at the top every year, thats all.

I think you just need to learn how to recruit lol. J/K Smile You saw I came in and started getting top 10 and a couple of times top 5 classes right away. This was on Heisman. AA is just too easy. Hell Heisman is kinda easy once you get used to it. Anyway, I don't think we can make any changes from what we were doing recruiting wise until we see some of the changes that the guys at EA supposedly made under the hood. I think it was all talk, but we'll see. Anyway, sorry Jared, I'm the anti-you on this matter. I don't wanna go to AA EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Jaredlib wrote:I remember Urban mentioning some changes like a month or two ago, but I forgot what was being talked about at the time. Lol lots of discussions go down on these boards during the games prime months. I don't know if Spliff has anything he wants to put on the table changes wise this year

I know one thing Urbs wants for a fact and that's team scouting reports ala CFF. I've already got how I'm gonna do the boards for that so it should be interesting. I can't remember what else he wanted to do, but I know that was one of them.

As for changes I'd like to make, one of them is that I'd like to win a damn championship in 12. That's the only change I'd like to make lol. Last year was the first year that I went without winning at least one championship. I guess I jumped around too much. No jumping in 12. It's on like chicken bone!!!!
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:58 pm

lol. I definitely didnt know what I was doing at first but after the tips that were sent to me I got the better hang of it, but a couple years I literally started off nowhere near anybody good and the middle pack of prospects got raped by the CPU teams

but honestly, I mean, its not like a deal breaker for me, just throwing my argument out there. What about meeting in the middle and just using AA the first season to see lo probably wishful thinking but I am just scrambing for some middle ground.

Well on that note, if we stay on heisman, will we keep the 5* limit? I would like that personally.

Cheers :twisted:

I really don't remember all the other issues I used to have. For the most part everybody plays straight and the stats all look fine at the end. I think our rushing totals were a little high toward the end but that was a slider thing really. I don't expect everyone to split carries the way I do anyway its personal preference.

Schedule wise, like I kinda mentioned earlier, I think we gotta take advantage of the custom conference schedules and spread out user games, I think it would be kinda cool if everyone had a user game week 14 or something like that, makes it kinda dramatic.

I dont know how yall feel about the home and homes. it seems like the last 4 seasons I played pretty much the same guys. I almost kinda feel like schedules should be based on team strength. So, A's play A'a, etc, I dunno, that might not make sense...

I do like the ability to customize conferences on the fly and stuff like that, it will add variety and spice down the line if we want to shake things up once in awhile
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Where the fuck is Yung lol its weird not seeing him on in a day or two. I want to ask him about Workers and the final say on if we are starting with 3* teams or not.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Jaredlib wrote:lol. I definitely didnt know what I was doing at first but after the tips that were sent to me I got the better hang of it, but a couple years I literally started off nowhere near anybody good and the middle pack of prospects got raped by the CPU teams

but honestly, I mean, its not like a deal breaker for me, just throwing my argument out there. What about meeting in the middle and just using AA the first season to see lo probably wishful thinking but I am just scrambing for some middle ground.

Well on that note, if we stay on heisman, will we keep the 5* limit? I would like that personally.

Cheers :twisted:

I really don't remember all the other issues I used to have. For the most part everybody plays straight and the stats all look fine at the end. I think our rushing totals were a little high toward the end but that was a slider thing really. I don't expect everyone to split carries the way I do anyway its personal preference.

Schedule wise, like I kinda mentioned earlier, I think we gotta take advantage of the custom conference schedules and spread out user games, I think it would be kinda cool if everyone had a user game week 14 or something like that, makes it kinda dramatic.

I dont know how yall feel about the home and homes. it seems like the last 4 seasons I played pretty much the same guys. I almost kinda feel like schedules should be based on team strength. So, A's play A'a, etc, I dunno, that might not make sense...

I do like the ability to customize conferences on the fly and stuff like that, it will add variety and spice down the line if we want to shake things up once in awhile

I'd like to keep all the recruiting rules just the way they are, at least until we find that recruiting is any different at all. All the rest of the stuff like schedules and all that, I think can be discussed once we get teh game and stuff. I'm pretty sure we'll have at least 2 weeks before there are any viable named rosters released. That'll give us something to talk about while we wait.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Where the fuck is Yung lol its weird not seeing him on in a day or two. I want to ask him about Workers and the final say on if we are starting with 3* teams or not.

Prolly working more trying to make that money for NCAA and Madden lol. Games are expensive you know. Smile I'm sure he'll be up here at some point talking about he bout to go to bed, right before he posts for another 2 hrs lol.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm typing from my phone so any spelling mistakes I apologize for in advance.

Changes won't be that major. I believe we have a good thing going now, but there are some things that I think cam make us more efficient and better.

First up, everyone will required to provide a cell number for texting purposes sonthat we don't have problems scheduling games. I know most of re time this isn't a problem but there have been tomes where we've all been like where is so and so at and we don't have any way but board communication to contact them.

Secondly, we will all have subforums with our teams. This is where you will find that contact information and well as the scouting reports that Splff mentioned. There are two ways that I'll allow these to be done.

The first way they can be done is by answering a series of questions that I will make up. These will be basic questions such as what base formation a coach used most often. Do they like to run the option? Do they run to the strong side, etc. These will be requires, win or lose, for all user games.

The other option is for you to write out, in detail, your own scouting report. Basically you have free reign bit don't just hoe me one sentence.

You may ask, hy am I requiring this? The reason is simple. We don't have a spectator mode to scout our opponents. Usually we go into a game blind if we haven't played a team or played them in a few seasons. Thaws reports won't take more than 5 minutes to fill out and will provide veryone with ways to game plan, which I think will make the dynasty more interesting.

The other changes has to do with changing teams. Simply put, there was too much of it this season and that took away from what rivals is suppose to be about and that's building rivals. Anyone that switches teams this season will take a one star prestige hit. I hope this prevents changing all together.
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:14 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:

The other option is for you to write out, in detail, your own scouting report. Basically you have free reign bit don't just hoe me one sentence.

Almost there boys! one more week.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Is the welcome back thing over? I finally fineshed downloading dead nation and now it wants to charge me 30 for damn infamous which is gay.
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:34 pm

that is gay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 am