Fantasy 2012

splff3000

Re: Fantasy 2012

Post by splff3000 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Man, this shit sucks balls. Gore and McGahee are pissing me the fuck off. These mfers get hurt all the fucking time and they always get hurt before they do anything. I got a damn good team, but I know I've lost at least 3 games because these mfers ain't been able to finish a game. Fuck them!!!! I'm looking forward to next year tho. I guarantee you want see Gore on my team again.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 pm

I started all the wrong peeps this week. Fucking balls man...
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:59 pm

If you haven't learned gore and Magahee get hurt every year by now, you never will
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:If you haven't learned gore and Magahee get hurt every year by now, you never will

Well I definitely knew about Gore because I had him on one of my teams before, but when I picked, there was such a steep drop off of talent after him, I couldn't pass it up. This team is my most frustrating fantasy team because of those 2 mfers. This team, talent wise, is the best team I got in fantasy, but it has the worst record. Anyway, I will bust y'all ass next year fa sho. One thing tho, can we discuss how the defense is scored next year? Sometimes my d be having a good game and I wind up with shit for points.

Also:

THAT MFER 12 STILL AIN'T PAID ME YET!!!!!!!
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah I feel you. This is my most frustrating league too. Fuck Peyton hillis. I knew I shouldn't have drafted him.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Lol, if you don't know about the Madden curse by now...........
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:26 am

Urb.... Why can't I pick up players right now?
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:50 am

Urb, What you gonna do about 12? Mfer still ain't paid.
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 am

Damn hawk, I thought you would fight for the division harder than that.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Joker12 wrote:Damn hawk, I thought you would fight for the division harder than that.
    Lol, I know man. Was truly a pathetic week for my team. Shit, Brees, Welker, and Jones could have beat me by themselves. Hopefully my guys decide to perform better from here out. I think they were just intimidated and distracted by such large, fat TD's.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Fuck all yall. There's no way my team should have the record it has lol. I'm in the wrong division lol. Division 1 is filled with a bunch of lucky mfers lol. If I was in division 1, I'd prolly be in the playoffs or at least in the hunt. Look at those faggots "points for". I'm higher than all of them lol. And Urb is the luckiest mfer ever. WTF? Anyway, I'm gonna bust yall ass next year.

BTW - I still ain't got no money from 12!!!!!!!

While we're on the subject of fantasy, there are 3 things I'd like to discuss as possible changes for next year.

1. ALL TD's are 6pts. Yes this makes QB's more valuable, but shit, QB's are more valuable in real life. When you make pass TD's = 4pts, it hurts other players that throw pass TD's. I would just like to see all TD's be 6.

2. Can we please move waiver wire processing to Thursday instead of Wednesday(I think you have to change waiver time to 2 days instead of 1)? I'm in 4 other leagues and they all do waiver wire processing on Thursday instead of Wednesday because most injury reports don't come out til Wednesday.

3. Can we please add yards to defense? I mean that is part of playing defense as well. In week 5, the 49ers held the Bucs to 3pts and under 300 yards of total offense. I got 22pts for my defense that week only because the 49ers had a pick 6 so that's 8 pts there. Without that and a another int I only get 12pts. For a gem of a game. I kinda find it hypocritical to take pass TD's to 4pts so Qb's aren't so important, but we don't do anything to the defense to make defense more important. Right now, if a defense just plays good hard nosed defense and shuts out their opponent without getting a sack or int, all they will get is 10pts. Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that?

Anyway, I'm not complaining at all. Even though, I'm losing my ass, I've been having a blast. These are just some things that I would like for us to discuss for next season.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 pm

I agree with everything you said splff; especially adding yards to defense. I also think we should maybe discuss bonuses for good performances (i.e. 5 points for having a QB throw for 300 yards/a HB who runs for 100). I know a lot of leagues do this and I'm not sure what I think of it; I see pros and cons and just want to hear your guys' thoughts.

I also think maybe considering adding points to special teams yardage somehow. If a guy makes a great return down to the other team's 7 yard line and gets tackled, I think there should be some points awarded. He didn't score the TD, but more than likely he got that offense a touchdown. It wouldn't have to be huge points, maybe only like a point for every 50 return yards, but I think it's necessary.

Just my 2 cents.
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Really bad year for me. I'm first in my friends league but in my other three leagues I'm not making playoffs. Learning experience for sure
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:49 pm

jhawk886 wrote:I agree with everything you said splff; especially adding yards to defense. I also think we should maybe discuss bonuses for good performances (i.e. 5 points for having a QB throw for 300 yards/a HB who runs for 100). I know a lot of leagues do this and I'm not sure what I think of it; I see pros and cons and just want to hear your guys' thoughts.

I also think maybe considering adding points to special teams yardage somehow. If a guy makes a great return down to the other team's 7 yard line and gets tackled, I think there should be some points awarded. He didn't score the TD, but more than likely he got that offense a touchdown. It wouldn't have to be huge points, maybe only like a point for every 50 return yards, but I think it's necessary.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's my take on the bonuses. I've been in multiple leagues that have used bonuses over the years and I'd rather not use them. If you rush for a 150yds and a a TD, you've already got a shitload of points. Anyway, if we must use them, what I've noticed is as long as the bonus pts awarded ain't too much, it's ok. When I say ain't too much, I'm talking about no more than a max of 3 pts per feat. The best bonus structure I've seen went something like this:

100 yds rushing/ receiving = +2
    200 yds rushing/ receiving = +3
    300 yds rushing/ receiving = +4

Note: No one ever got the 300 yds rushing lol.

For QB's it was like this:

300yds passing = +2
    400yds passing = +3
    500yds passing = +4

With this point structure the truly rare events got bigger bonuses. If we were to do bonuses, I'd like for our bonus structure to be like this:

200 yds rushing/ receiving = +2
    300 yds rushing/ receiving = +3

and for QB's it would look like this:

400yds passing = +2
    500yds passing = +3

Nowadays, I don't think 100yds rushing and 300yds passing is a bonus worthy feat. Ogbonnaya(Cleveland's 3rd string RB) came in and rushed for 100yds one game. Skelton (AZ backup QB) was passing for 300yds every other game. If we use bonus pts, I think they should be awarded for truly rare events. For the record tho, I'd rather not use them.

As for the special team yards, I am 100% against them. Yah you could have a lot of yards because you are having some good kick returns or you could have a lot of yards because your team fucking sucks and the other team just keeps scoring and kicking the ball off. I thought long and hard for a way to implement this into my league one year and there was no way of doing it without awarding shitty teams that get scored on a lot.

jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:44 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:I agree with everything you said splff; especially adding yards to defense. I also think we should maybe discuss bonuses for good performances (i.e. 5 points for having a QB throw for 300 yards/a HB who runs for 100). I know a lot of leagues do this and I'm not sure what I think of it; I see pros and cons and just want to hear your guys' thoughts.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's my take on the bonuses. I've been in multiple leagues that have used bonuses over the years and I'd rather not use them. If you rush for a 150yds and a a TD, you've already got a shitload of points. Anyway, if we must use them, what I've noticed is as long as the bonus pts awarded ain't too much, it's ok. When I say ain't too much, I'm talking about no more than a max of 3 pts per feat. The best bonus structure I've seen went something like this:

100 yds rushing/ receiving = +2
    200 yds rushing/ receiving = +3
    300 yds rushing/ receiving = +4

Note: No one ever got the 300 yds rushing lol.

For QB's it was like this:

300yds passing = +2
    400yds passing = +3
    500yds passing = +4

With this point structure the truly rare events got bigger bonuses. If we were to do bonuses, I'd like for our bonus structure to be like this:

200 yds rushing/ receiving = +2
    300 yds rushing/ receiving = +3

and for QB's it would look like this:

400yds passing = +2
    500yds passing = +3

Nowadays, I don't think 100yds rushing and 300yds passing is a bonus worthy feat. Ogbonnaya(Cleveland's 3rd string RB) came in and rushed for 100yds one game. Skelton (AZ backup QB) was passing for 300yds every other game. If we use bonus pts, I think they should be awarded for truly rare events. For the record tho, I'd rather not use them.

As for the special team yards, I am 100% against them. Yah you could have a lot of yards because you are having some good kick returns or you could have a lot of yards because your team fucking sucks and the other team just keeps scoring and kicking the ball off. I thought long and hard for a way to implement this into my league one year and there was no way of doing it without awarding shitty teams that get scored on a lot.

Special teams yards would still be a part of defense scoring. So if they had a alot of returns because they got scored on a ton, they are giving up ton of points and yards. The points they will lose giving up that many points and yards I think more than covers the points they would get from 1 point for every 50 return yards; or at least we should make it so that it does.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Wtf 12? Pay your shit. Splff I say if he doesn't pay you boot him from grinders as well
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:11 am

Toby Gerhart or Peyton Hillis....
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:06 am

Damn Ho, we were in like the same situation 2 weeks ago lol.

Good battle. Hernandez and Brees won it for me.
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Joker12 wrote:Damn Ho, we were in like the same situation 2 weeks ago lol.

Good battle. Hernandez and Brees won it for me.

Yep. After the 1:00 games, I thought I had a damn good shot, but then it got to the night game. Gates had to ball and Tolbert had to come up small. It was a damn good battle for sure.

Congratulations...

5 fucking touchdowns from Brees...smh
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm going QB first round next year. My old "RB with first two picks" strategy that worked 6 years ago doesn't work anymore

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 pm