Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

KidIcarus27

Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by KidIcarus27 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm

VT makes a change @ QB and it pays dividends immediately. Logan Thomas throws for 207 yards and 2 touchdowns. He had 4 interceptions, but did most of the damage with his feet as he rushed for 205 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries. Ryan Jackson added 120 yards on the ground on 12 carries as well. The bigger story may have been the Hokie defense which harassed EJ Manuel all game resulting in 6 interceptions by the senior QB. They also held the Seminoles to 1 yard rushing on 9 carries. Hokies win 31 - 14. and as the Noles didnt score until the 4th quarter and the the hokies had a 24 point lead, the outcome was never in question. GG CT, that helped .. I had a shitload of recruits visiting.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am

I don't intend on this or rivals dying anytime soon. As long as I have 10 people who are going to play, rivals is going to keep on kicking. It might hit slow patches like it has lately, but I'd really like to see how the recruiting plays out after all the years. And when 12 comes out, see which team has been the program of NCAA 11.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:I don't intend on this or rivals dying anytime soon. As long as I have 10 people who are going to play, rivals is going to keep on kicking. It might hit slow patches like it has lately, but I'd really like to see how the recruiting plays out after all the years. And when 12 comes out, see which team has been the program of NCAA 11.
    Cool. Well I'm along for the long haul. Assuming I don't get kicked out of course. And as for your last statement, we all already know how it's gonna turn out. Notre Dame is back and is going to dominate the college football scene for the next 55 years.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:17 am

Hey Ho, I'm advancing at 6am. When are you available to play? Like last time, I'm working night shift so I'm available anytime before 3. If you respond to this after 7AM, we'll have to make it tomorrow because I'll be sleep and won't see your response.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:14 am

Advanced to week 8. Next Advance: Fri Nov. 12 @ 6AM

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 Arkansas Razorbacks (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 65-26 against Mississippi State (2-4).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Columbia to face the #23 South Carolina Gamecocks (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Tommy Castillo has committed to Arkansas
    - (*) MLB Nelson Brittain has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) LT Ray Thompson has committed to Arkansas
    - (**) WR George Holt has committed to Arkansas

=============== #19 Auburn Tigers (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 49-10 against Vanderbilt (4-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host #1 LSU (6-0).

=============== Florida State Seminoles (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 31-14 against Virginia Tech (2-4).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Duke (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Josh Gilliam has committed to TCU
    - (****) WR Brandon Robinson has committed to Florida State
    - (****) ROLB Willie Dennis has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) TE Cameron McDaniel has committed to Florida State
    - (****) CB Billy Blanks has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) CB Jonathan Scott has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) QB Brad Herring has committed to Iowa
    - (****) DT Dominic Brown has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #5 Georgia Bulldogs (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 52-14 against Tennessee (3-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Florida (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Raymond Thompson has committed to Florida
    - (*****) RE Matt Hill has committed to Texas
    - (***) P Ryan Richardson has committed to Georgia
    - (****) HB Erik Jones has committed to Georgia

=============== #4 Kansas Jayhawks (5-0) ===============
    Last week the Jayhawks were idle.
    This week, the Jayhawks travel to Norman to face the #10 Oklahoma Sooners (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Chase Bobo has committed to Kansas
    - (****) LT Tony Mann has committed to Oregon State

=============== #1 LSU Tigers (6-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 50-31 against Kentucky (2-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Auburn to face the #19 Auburn Tigers (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Lamont Everett has committed to Iowa
    - (****) FS Matt Butler has committed to LSU
    - (****) MLB David Yates has committed to LSU
    - (*****) WR Howard Gray has committed to LSU

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 38-28 against Iowa (3-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Northwestern (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Cameron McDaniel has committed to Florida State
    - (****) WR Jarod Collier has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 66-52 against Baylor (3-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Landon Marks has committed to USC
    - (***) MLB William Caldwell has committed to Air Force
    - (****) DT Jason White has committed to Nebraska

=============== Michigan Wolverines (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 45-6 against Indiana (3-3).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Michigan State (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Brian Wright has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #18 Texas A&M Aggies (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 55-20 against Oklahoma State (3-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host Colorado (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Tyler Keller has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) HB Antonio Parham has committed to Texas Tech
    - (****) DT Jimmy Hemphill has committed to Houston
    - (****) LG Adrian Mitchell has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 31-14 against Florida State (4-2).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Clemson to face the #13 Clemson Tigers (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Corey Everett has committed to Iowa
    - (**) FB Phillip Taylor has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) DT Dominic Brown has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) ROLB Willie Dennis has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #12 Wisconsin Badgers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 42-35 against Minnesota (5-1).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Landon Stone has committed to Alabama
    - (****) WR Brian Wright has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) P James Swain has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) HB Johnny Hines has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) MLB Sam Lloyd has committed to Wisconsin
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Georgia loses again. 39-31. And I really have nothing to say. Got our ass kicked until the 4th Quarter where it was 32-10 Florida, thanks in large part to Mason's inability to throw a football. Loss of Murray is really, really hurting this team. Mason has a phenomenal 4th quarter and gets within 8, 32-24, but of course the CPU takes over. Ealey has a 75 yard screen pass td that would have tied the game called back due to clipping. Georgia eventually drives all the way down and on 4th and goal at the 4 Charles drops a td pass. Then, trying to hold the Gators, on 3rd and 12 Gillislee turns into Adrian Peterson and breaks 7 tackles picking up the 1st and ending the game. Bullshitttttttttttt
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Joker12 wrote:Georgia loses again. 39-31. And I really have nothing to say. Got our ass kicked until the 4th Quarter where it was 32-10 Florida, thanks in large part to Mason's inability to throw a football. Loss of Murray is really, really hurting this team. Mason has a phenomenal 4th quarter and gets within 8, 32-24, but of course the CPU takes over. Ealey has a 75 yard screen pass td that would have tied the game called back due to clipping. Georgia eventually drives all the way down and on 4th and goal at the 4 Charles drops a td pass. Then, trying to hold the Gators, on 3rd and 12 Gillislee turns into Adrian Peterson and breaks 7 tackles picking up the 1st and ending the game. Bullshitttttttttttt

Yeah man, when the starting QB goes out, it's like your cpu players lose their minds.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Attention Getonmylevelho!!!!!!

WHEN....DO......YOU......WANT.......TO......PLAY?

Like I said before, I can play anytime before 3.
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 am

splff3000 wrote:Attention Getonmylevelho!!!!!!

What did u say exactly? I'm having trouble understanding...
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 am

getonmylevelho wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:Attention Getonmylevelho!!!!!!

What did u say exactly? I'm having trouble understanding...
    you're funny
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 am

Steve Hall said Fuck the Bullshit, threw for 578 Yds, and won us the damn game
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:37 am

Man this game really knows how to piss me off lol. For the 2nd straight year I'm going in for the go ahead TD and fumble at the fucking 1 yd line. I've fumbled at the 1 yd line 2 times since we've been doing this OD and they both have been against getonmylevelho. Of course he takes it down and scores. So what happens a few possessions later? McCalebb breaks a long ass run(40 or 50 yds?) and guess what happens? If you guessed fumble, you guessed right. Ding! Ding! Ding! I guess because his team is A- and mine is just B, my guys don't know how to hold on to the ball now. Oh well, I guess I'll see you next year. Let's see if we can keep the "fumble on the 1" streak going for 3 years. No

Also hopefully next year, I will have a different QB in. My QB throws like shit on a consistent basis. That last int was just horrible. There was one int that pissed me off though. The one over the middle. I'm throwing to my TE that's running a slant route and the LB bumps him and goes into the bump and run animation. Of course the ball goes over the TE's head and into the waiting arms of the safety. In real life, they call this pass interference. Oh well, fuck it. I didn't think I'd be winning too much with these team anyway. I need to get my team to B+ asap so I can stop seeing all of this crazy shit.

Crazy shit like 3rd and 10 and I'm playing man ,but my guys just backpedalling like they're playing zone. WTF? Or shit like his WR runs a drag route on 3rd down and my DE drops back into zone but instead of attacking the ball carrier to make the tackle short of the first down marker, he just keeps back pedaling. WTF? Oh well, see ya next year. And hopfully next year, I'll bust your ass lol. See yall on call of duty friday night. I'm gonna have my bottle of capt handy. Also don't forget I'm advancing this shit no later than friday morning at 6Am.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 pm

My bad getonmylevelho. I forgot to say good game. You played a good game and ultimately my turnovers seem to be the difference in the game. I just hate it when my team goes crazy and do stuff that they normally don't do. My post wasn't about you. It was more about the game. Anyway, you played a good game. I just wanted to make sure you knew that post wasn't about you, but about the game.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:15 am

So ummm, you guys still in shock over the Raiders win on Sunday or what? WTF is going on? Where is everybody?
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:21 am

Hey jhawk, before you start working on the schedule next year, you may wanna read this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/454904-home-away-scheduling-glitch.html

It seems that there's a scheduling glitch or something. I swear, if an EA game came out without a glitch, it wouldn't be an EA game.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 am

splff3000 wrote:Hey jhawk, before you start working on the schedule next year, you may wanna read this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/454904-home-away-scheduling-glitch.html

It seems that there's a scheduling glitch or something. I swear, if an EA game came out without a glitch, it wouldn't be an EA game.
    Yeah, I saw that. I actually had to probably go back over it all like 6 or 7 times to make sure it was all good. So I'm pretty sure everyone had 6 home/away and has a home game after week 10. The main thing I missed was getting Joker enough user games. I thought the SEC schedule should have rotated and it didn't so he only ended up with 2 user games. But he lost a couple games to the CPU so I guess he still didn't have an easy road.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:25 pm

So who all are we waiting on? Haven't seen much talk around these parts lately.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:28 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:So who all are we waiting on? Haven't seen much talk around these parts lately.
    Kid and CT last I checked I think.
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:35 pm

At least it's not ho for once, lol.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Alright well I'm leaving for the next couple of days and will be back either saturday or sunday, I'm not sure which. I know it'll be another long advance so I'm sorry guys.
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 pm

splff3000 wrote:My bad getonmylevelho. I forgot to say good game. You played a good game and ultimately my turnovers seem to be the difference in the game. I just hate it when my team goes crazy and do stuff that they normally don't do. My post wasn't about you. It was more about the game. Anyway, you played a good game. I just wanted to make sure you knew that post wasn't about you, but about the game.

It's all good brother...the turnovers definitely decided the game (especially the one on the 1 yard line)..ya almost hate to see that happen to your opponent, but shit..ill take it how i can get it..i was actually talkin to urbs after i saw your initial post like..damn..does anybody know how to just say good game anymore?? so i do appreciate that. we'll meet again im sure..either here or on the battlefield..DUTY!

A short recap for those who still read the board and want to know..LSU came out swinging putting together a 6 minute drive, but splff's bend, but dont break defense wouldn't allow the touchdown. Same thing happened on the next drive...a long drive turned into a measely three points. So what could have been 14-0 was actually only 6-0 and an Auburn TD would put them up by 1. However, this is when splff's post comes into play. He drove the field, but came up short fumbling on the 1 yard line (WOW!). LSU then answered with another substantial drive but this time breaking the plane. Up 12-0, getonmylevelho opted to go for 2 just before the end of the half. A ridiculous option pitch turned into 2 points for the other team. 12-2 at halftime.

LSU struck first in the second half as well on an 83 yard Michael Ford rush. Up 18-2 and having to be at work in 30 minutes, coach getonmylevelho sat on the clock as much as possible. The game ended with a Tiger victory..the Louisiana kind. 26-12.

getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:At least it's not ho for once, lol.

who's that?
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 pm

big write up
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm

we advancing now?
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 am