Slider Discussion

TJ

Slider Discussion

Post by TJ on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:28 pm

What's everyone's opinion using a slider set? Having played most of the first season, how does everyone feel about the default Heisman sliders, and how would you feel about using a slider set in the future?

This is the only set i've tried, http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/559748-iliveforthis-authentics-simulation-saturday-slider-project.html , it's the authentic set. I've used just the base sliders + moved the game speed back to normal.

I know there's been a few already pushing for sliders, but I also know that it should be a move that the majority/consensus of the OD is up for. So even if you don't have a certain set in mind or thought about one, just chime in anyways so we can figure something out!
    canesfins

Re: Slider Discussion

Post by canesfins on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm

If we dont use sliders, I'm fine with it BUT if we use sliders IMO they have to be the authentic ones you posted, like i said before i play with them in almost dynasty and I had a some great "realistic" games with them. So if anything i would say we can give those a try.
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I endorse those sliders as well, as long as we stay on normal game speed because thats what user games are played on.

SN posted his tweaks to that base set on page 145 or 146 of that thread, he's known for making user rushing more challenging, which I like. I use those for my offline dynasty with great results. Either way, better than default IMO
    Muckem

Post by Muckem on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:51 pm

I like those sliders as well. I only think that the tackling got turned down a little too low on them, at 25 tackling or whatever it's at the CPU is breaking a tackle pretty much every run.
    TJ

Post by TJ on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah Muck, CPU RBs still seem to break too many tackles, but at least not as bad as the default settings when they can just truck defenders all day long.
    Errig

Post by Errig on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 pm

I use these sliders for my offline and they play great, i did bump the tackle up a little bit because there are a lot of broken tackles, but other then that they are amazing
    canesfins

Post by canesfins on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Jaredlib wrote:I endorse those sliders as well, as long as we stay on normal game speed because thats what user games are played on.

SN posted his tweaks to that base set on page 145 or 146 of that thread, he's known for making user rushing more challenging, which I like. I use those for my offline dynasty with great results. Either way, better than default IMO

hell nooo rushing the ball is already enough of a challenge in this game for me lol
    canesfins

Post by canesfins on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Errig wrote:I use these sliders for my offline and they play great, i did bump the tackle up a little bit because there are a lot of broken tackles, but other then that they are amazing

woah another person from NJ on this forum Woo Hoo
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Oh shit, that sright. You aint been introduced to my main mfer Dan Mfering Errig, The Original Jersey Shore Cheesefag Fist Pumpin Pussy Banging Guido.

Errig is a mfer. Hopefully he gets a new PS3 so he can come back and play with the big kids.

Hes also 13 years old, and I think hes splffs son.
    Errig

Post by Errig on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Oh shit, that sright. You aint been introduced to my main mfer Dan Mfering Errig, The Original Jersey Shore Cheesefag Fist Pumpin Pussy Banging Guido.

Errig is a mfer. Hopefully he gets a new PS3 so he can come back and play with the big kids.

Hes also 13 years old, and I think hes splffs son.

Lmao jared, big ole' FUCK YOU as always. but you are the man lol always got me laughing
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:37 pm

Ok guys after what jared posted we will be walking a thin line with the sliders so lets do it like this whats some big things that yall see in user games that need changing and what are some things in cpu games that need changing.

Cpu: Broken Tackles for the cpu, and idk if my line is too weak but i cant get a pass rush much, and the cpu pass rush is a lil insane i take like 6-7 sacks a game because my line dont even block the guy at all.

User: I think it should be a balance with how many picks can happen. And passing might need to drop just a notch
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Agreed on all counts thus far. I have never felt that EA did a good job representing QB accuracy. Watch a game of college football, sometimes the ball hits the ground, sometimes it sails into the sideline. The majority of throws in these games go exactly there you put them, and most incompletions arent from a bad pass but from insane coverage. I wouldnt feel so shitty about somone lobbing deep passes on me if every single deep pass wasn't right on the money or in an area where the WR can go get it. Going deep isnt easy.

I would suggest lowering QB accuracy, but also pass coverage and INTs to make up for it. I am not sure what the best balance would be as far as the setting but with some tweaking it should be easy to find .
    TJ

Post by TJ on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Well hell, jump on into my OD and lets test some shit out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:43 pm